Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

underwire support tech

This is me, how can I help you?
Oh, you have a Pentium 2 and you're wondering if it will run WinXP and be a fairly useful computer. Let me just get a little info. What speed is it? ummm hmmm, pardon me, just let me get one other thing ... [sound of me walking away from phone]

WWWHHOOOO -AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

ahem, sorry

[returning to phone]
Uh, no. You don't want to try to run WinXP on that machine. I suggest using it as a boat anchor.
--------
satirical as it is, my sister called last night with computer woes and she hoped to get this old P2 to do tricks. Uh, uh, no.

1 comment:

MR said...

To its credit, I loaded Windows XP on a Pentium 2, 400mhz and it ran reasonably well. I would recommend a lot of RAM to compensate, however, as XP makes good use of it.