Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Number 4400

It isn't just a show. I think it has more meaning than the numbers on Lost. I believe that I have filled out that many applications and sent that many resume's -- well, it seems that way. I also seem to have sent MetLife about that many emails complaining. Since their response time is around 24 hours--good unless there's a two email minimum (2 drinks) to get across the need for contacting them. MetLife has a 2 or 3 email minimum, so don't buy drinks there.
...
I am approaching 25 asfaras "We noticed your resume'" line of BS to get me to respond. Thanks Monster, CareerBuilder, RegionalHelpWanted, Thingamajob, et al for making your system open to phishers, spammers, and scammers. One place was great at lying, but I thought there was something foul afoot when I had to set a time to call them. Call them? The number wasn't toll free; it's an Iowa number. I think I'll pass.
.....
We noticed your page [blah blah blah] and wanted you to put our ad on your page. That's funny! The page given to me had ABSOLUTELY no relevance to the place. It was a single blog entry, not even my blog generalized. You can count me out! You can count me out!
Yeah, I guess we'll just count you out of everything!

No comments: