Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Ignorant lie


volleyball
Originally uploaded by MDH, II.
I made an entry regarding not posting more anime or cartoon pics. I wrote that I wouldn't post them, but it was inaccurate. I wasn't an intentional liar.

Here we see Kasuga Ayumu "Osaka" playing volleyball. She reminds me very much of one neice, flighty, absent-minded and fascinated with things other than school -- including dust shifting in the wind.
....
I have taken a little sollace in anime and other novel featurettes under me two week stress. On Thursday, Mom has surgery and I hope and pray that it goes well. I'm tired and restless. Bills are stacking high and I'm not working. My stomach is a mess and I'm glad that I don't smoke. If I were a smoker, there would be a house fire already -- cigarettes lying on top of each other, never really finished -- like what's in my mind, 'never really finished'.
.....
I have been seeking a job in the local area 20-50 miles from the city, as FW has dried up its leads, for most jobs for which I qualify. There was an international posting from a semi-local company for teaching abroad. In the first posting it was South Korea, now they have posted Japan.

Boy, farther than a state away, Japan is Muy distant. From what I understand, it would be 1-year contractual. I would, of course, be teaching English to classes. The ages would very likely run child to adult.
I have so many thoughts in my mind, now mixed with the circle of doubt that John Karr has made for male teachers and male subs -- thanks [blank]hole! My stance on sex crimes is simple and well documented -- shoot the perps, save the people.

What the heck am I doing? I'm not clearly thinking. I need a way in, a way out, a way through. Japan (Nipon) teaching doesn't seem to do it, but it would be grand. I don't, however, like leaving the folks' lifeline to my sister here locally. Yoikes!

Like this scene here between two "outsiders" poor athletes, I feel like either girl and the ball, never long in control and the gesture seems pointless.

1 comment:

MR said...

I don't mean to keep coming back to me, but something you said triggered my memory. I mentioned a particularly bad period of time when both my parents took a turn for the worse. When you mentioned a "house fire" it made me remember that during all this, the heater for my waterbed burned up and started a fire in my room, burning away about a 5x5 area of the carpet by my bed, fire department showed up, put it out. Then people showed up to clean up the fire damage and while dumping a bucket of water upstairs, broke a pipe which dumped on the first floor. So, they cleaned that up and in came the plumbers to replace everything copper with plastic pvc, at 5am. I couldn't sleep in my room because they were cleaning in there and I had dismantled my bed, and the plumbers needed to tear open the wall in the room I was using. So, daily visits at the crack of dawn and strangers milling about the house and loudly tearing out pipe and the wall. Then of course the drywallers to follow that. I had forgotten until you said that. I also recall going to put my car in gear and the shifter breaking loose for no good reason, leaving my car in Park until it was fixed. This as a backdrop to Dad's stroke and Mom's heart problem. Then after things started to calm down, there was the whole "Kleenex" (as you call her) episode. Got her out of my life and took what friends I had left and then came RR (Rich not Rob) trying to get me fired from my job, then moving into my brothers smokey house, working 3 jobs at once (went to all three one day), funerals, my "superior (only in seniority with the company)" quit at work leaving me in charge after 1 year of part-time work... and now I know why I resist stressful situations so much, pretty much 89 to 96 sucked ass for me. 97 got a new car, 98 bought a house. There was some stress with the house, as it was a drain on the finances of course. But I can't complain about that. Anyway, thanks for bringing up such a painful memory, why don't you give me a nice papercut and pour some lemon juice on it while you're at it? -Miracle Max, the Princess Bride