Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Remaking Ishtar

M. Night Shyamalan might as well give it a shot. It's not like his movies are, uh, action packed. Ishtar was remarked as the poorest return movie until brilliant Kevin Costner put together the play dough Waterworld. I think, since Shyamalan likes long winded movies -- putting Charles Darwin and Stephen King to shame. If you haven't read Origin of the Species, it makes War and Peace as quick as the "TV Guide".

Please have an assistant director in on the next movie to make it, uh ... interesting for the viewer. I'm writing off M. Night like I have Ang Lee and Martin Lawrence as I did --early, but not prematurely on the Coreys (Felman and Haim) while others sadly punished themselves by watching them.

I won't ask myself, "what's this movie about", but rather, "what other movies are coming" when seeing another Shymalan preview.

I won't see Hollywoods McDonaldland attempts at movies like: Roadhouse 2, Miami Vice, Santa Clause 3, Sisterhood of the Traveling Willburys (oh, sorry, pants), Clerks II, Jackass 2, Batman (version anything -- that cannot be made -- it just can't).

No comments: