Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

knack

Lori has a knack of calling me when I can't make it to the phone, restroom, or I'm elbow deep in something, paint, blood, dirt, or something. Today was no exception. She called to tell me that she, Charlie, and I weren't making it to the movie either Ice Age 2 Meltdown ("Food Glorious Food") or Garfield "Tale of Two Kitties".

Meanwhile back at the homestead, Monkeyjack had plans for me to help him set out a boku supply of garage sale hopeful items -- millions, as he described it. Mainly, I was to help him move a sleeper sofa. If you have never moved one -- you are in for a a treat. I have NEVER known one to be comfortable on which to sleep, moving them is no picnic either.

That didn't transpire, so since weather held rain, rain, rain -- good for crops, bad for moving, I met up with MR and watched a little DS9, followed by police video while playing mission pissyouoff catchphrase II. For some of the phrases, they might as well have used Shawn Cassidy for what good they were. If you don't know that one, some of the others you wouldn't know or have a clue as to how to get them to say, "babbadooba" from Eddie Murphy's Delirious.

If you have the "knack" you can do 80% to 30% or likely somewhere in between.

No comments: