Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Laws that should be, but aren't

Upon filing temporary insanity pleas, attorney filing motion should then either house and feed the client or become cellmates with that person until the beginning of the trial. I think that should then put a GREAT limit on the number of temporary insanity pleas. Also, those attorneys protecting child molesters should therefore be required to have the client be the primary caregiver to their children (or family children ... step, grand, cousin, neice, nephew or the like). If the lawyer says no -- too bad. That is the price for protecting those whom you suspect are guilty. I think then, those in the city office defense team will have a backlog of sickening persons to defend, therefore kept off the street until their court date.*1
I don't dislike lawyers, I dislike many whom I have experienced. Certainly, since the general feeling for lawyers is low, I'm not the only one. My divorce lawyer was as effective as Steak & Shake at filing and getting the job done. The "steakburger" didn't disguise the general lack of interest and 50's atmosphere, as though divorces weren't that common. It was, therefore, a (insert word here) burger, no matter the wording.
I haven't had the horror of a loved one torn apart in life, then in the courtroom by a lawyer defending the guilty. I don't know which one I would hate greater -- the criminal or the criminal in the suit.

* exceptions would be made for appointed attorneys, as saly, that is there job. Personally, I find the public in general in apathy to crime because it doesn't happen to enough people to really affect them*2

*2 valid crime statistics would show rise in crime, including violent crime (which includes rape)

No comments: