Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Father fighter

My father, with whom I have battled minorly for so many decades, wins one with me. During my teens years, it was a nasty bit between my father and I. How the folks liked me, I don't know. I wasn't likable and really -- if I weren't family, I wouldn't have been loved. Anyway ...

My father has had several bouts with cancer. It is highly likely that he still has it. Though sore and sometime lethargic, he battles on. He buys thousands of dollars worth of medicine and vitamins in a measure to stick around. He is a fighter. For this, I am proud of him. He hasn't lied down and died, but fought. He fights less for himself and more for others. He's going to stick around as long as he can, though believing that he'll not make another 10 years. I hope that he's wrong.

No comments: