Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

mosquito ghost


mosquito ghost
Originally uploaded by MDH, II.
I show this as evidence that I actually do kill some insects. I tend not to kill many, but blood-sucking mosquitoes are fair game as are roaches -- for they breed far too quickly. I believe that flame is most effective for it terminates eggs if there are any. I understand that, very rarely there have been some eggs transported via shoe to a home. The homeowner stepped on a roach and carried the eggs -- still viable, to another place, his home, there they were etched off his shoe into the carpet. The eggs hatched and roaches where they weren't before. They also had less competition. This supposedly transformed into near infestation.

So FYI, maybe, just maybe, you shouldn't step on roaches unless you can sterilze your feet or walk a thousand feet through course material -- gravel or the like.

Mosquitoes are easy to kill, but impossible to kill them all. If you've ever been camping, you know that no matter how much screening you have, they enter the tent and find you or parts. I never remember to deafen myself by spraying my ear, so that is a good target as is my nose. If all else false, lips are blood rich.

1 comment:

MR said...

I know all the ladies' lips are engorged with blood when I'm around.