Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

cityscape from the park


cityscape from the park
Originally uploaded by MDH, II.
The last thing that went through my mind, other than the bullet, was, "how did I get way over here?" The buildings they're moun--no ... they're scarce. I suppose that's an advantage to a smaller city, limited skyline of buildings, but greener -- for the moment. What would really offset this would be terrain, sadly lacking in Indiana.

Southern Indiana has caverns and old protected forests and some hills. Up nort', no such things.

The comedy of the city is that the police station sits right next to a crime-heavy residential area, the level of crime has changed little since the cops have moved there. It isn't without virtue.

There are new, better buildings being built and has a nationally renowned geneology department in the library, which is due to reopen in 2007. I want to check into my roots, but that'll have to wait til next season.

As I lie dead, on the grassy plain near the river, cicada deafen the air with their haunting calls. Flies buzz around feeding and ants find a large--fat, cache of food before them. There isn't a mosquito around, despite the body of me and the body of water nearby.

I was born here, I'll probably die here -- convenient, you know.

No comments: