Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Fishing

There was a resume' that I posted, but it didn't help me get any fish.  I got only a couple of bites.  So, what do I do now?  I re-baited.  I worked on my resume' again, and though similar, it's different and doesn't yet smell fishy.
Uploading it to Monster was stupid.  Fill out duplicate forms each and every time.  What a complete waste of my time as well as having to "No Thanks" at sign in and each time I change anything.  I don't want to join the military, National Guard, get mortgage quotes or take classes from Phoenix Arizona.  For all the advertising I endure, I have gotten squat.  There are jobs in Utah it shows me, though I selected quite different states.
 
Anyway, I had an email address for ten some years or more and I must now rely on my learning skills to remember my less flamboyant email address that is more common and relevant to who I am.  The other one -- vocationally-based, is no longer important as I have changed vocations.  Though never working in food industry, it was like a change from burgerfryer @ isp.com to iamsomebodyspecial @ commonisp.org.  I don't like parades, but here I am the whistle-blowing beater; directly involved in the masquarade.  It's not a total sham, but it is a shame.  It's putting on duck feathers, goose down, stork legs, painted in flamingo pink, with a pelican beak and throat, singing the songs of fifty species of song birds.  I'm real -- better than any soft goose, unconventional flamingo, conforming duck, taller than the others, more talented than fifty others.  No one is in my calibur and I am peerless.  Sadly, that's what HR wants to read and hear.  It can't be true.  Its the story of the Fishman and His Wife.  The moral:  all greed brings you to ruin.  In a sense, my resume' is an infommercial, full of half-facts, hackneyed demonstrations and glorified garage sale pieces.  I capable, but with a million others, I cannot stand out.  If I spend a thousand dollars on resume' helpers or head hunters, would I get a $25K or $55K job?  I suspect they wouldn't care after they got their money.
 
I'd have to say, this business stinks!

No comments: