Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

typical asses

A car careens into the lot, swerving and dramatically changing vector to counter 60 mph inertia to stop (barely) into a parking space. The person comes in, "how late are you open?"

I look at the clock and think, "until two minutes ago", but I couldn't turn her away because some bum came in six minutes before we closed, placed an order that was in the oven. So she pulled out a menu, placed an order for something we haven't carried in a year. She then went through the menu ... huh, huh, I'll take this.

The "this" required use a machine that a woman at work cleaned early so she could get out, ya know, sometime close to normal. Well, normally that's a no-no, but I let it slide because I'm a pragmatist. Becuase of her haste, I'm sure the morning crew will wonder, why is this, a little dirty? It was used several times after cleaning, though normally sees less action to no action late at night.

Anyway ... the woman (who works there) took parts to clean and I, having more than just paperwork to do, had to improvize for lack of the items. On top of that ... do other stuff relevant to my job.

The crap wasn't done there. After sloppily putting together the last two things ... phone call to complain. They got stuff ... ate it all up (much like fairy tale quote) but decided that it wasn't right, although it was a day or more ago. Huh ... smells and sounds like bullcrap.

Later, glitch and the numbers didn't match with the computer, so I had to fix the entries to match the receipts. Ah, yes ... again, not out of ther on time. How typical!

-- personally assessment of one doofus who works there ... butt! I was doing work stuff -- you know, like being with customers and I get a child's call from the back, [my name; repeated]. What the? I hope that his child acts much the same way to dissuade him from his stupidity and wonder ... why is my child calling me from two states away wanting me to walk up to him? Hey, I know you just walked a quarter mile ... could you get me the phone and some milk, I'm busy playing a game. What a blinking putz!

2 comments:

MR said...

I almost needed my Little Orphan Annie decoder ring to figure out that last paragraph, but I've come up with:

someone you work with called you all the way to the back for help on something stupid, as a child would, and you can only hope his kids treat him like that.

?????????? maybe.

Marcus said...

Yeah ... you got that right.