Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

better man

There is a girl at work, I wrote about "eyes", who went out with an ass, but is now going out with a younger guy (by 1 year) who is the better man. This guy I see being the 2nd run ... you know, the rationale man who is the "nice guy" who generally finishes last. I hope for each, they find happiness. The other guy, well ... he can finish last or not finish at all. He is the kind of guy who would, "betcha five bucks I nail her" kind of jerk.

The new guy is a nice guy ... has ideals and as far as what he shows -- some nobility, with marked humility. "Eyes" as I shall call her is adored for her cuteness. I think she is more than that, but for now that what she shows most people -- cute (though I see a bit of reality in her, and she has medicine in mind as a career).

God rest his soul.

1 comment:

MR said...

I believe in addition to the star, christmas tree and Santa shaped cookie cutters you can also get one in the shape of the girl you're describing.

"Mmm...this 'damsel in distress' snickerdoodle is delicious."

so...so...so... cliche. Maybe if humans lived longer, we'd evolve new personality types, but the girl who likes the bad boy, but chooses to cry about it to others is... well, you know that feeling you get when that song "two princes" comes on the radio; you know, FOR GODS SAKES HOW CAN THEY STILL BE PLAYING THIS AND THINKING WE ENJOY IT!!! and changing the channel as fast as possible... that's how typical the "tragic bad-boy loving girl" is.