Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Saturday, February 10, 2007

World Trade Center

I'm not a good American here when I write, "this movie wasn't very good". While it showed the trauma on a body when a building is slowly crushing people, it is for drama purposes only. I'm not a big fan of Nicholas Cage and you get to hear quite a bit of him. He and his partner are port authority officers and the story is really about a small team that enters tower 1, it colapses, crushing many ... you see the slow death and terror of a building on people. The story is not much on the towers themselves or other people per se. You see the families of victims, but mostly the two families of the two "featured" officers.

It was better constructed than Ladder 49, but was mostly drama. I thought it was something different, so I was disappointed with it. I guess if you watch it expecting nothing, you'll be surprised to get "something". The acting is, so-so, and the ultra drama of how does this affect our relationship. That to me, seems, chick-flick. You know, if I'm trapped under 300 pounds of rubble, my knees broken and only my bust exposed, I wouldn't think deeply into relationship issues. Gosh, if I die, how will that help or hurt my marriage? That's a stupid question. Never once was it, man ... I wish I could be with the kids again. You knew Cage's character he had four kids, but you really only saw two.

Peña's character had a dispute about an unborn child's name, Alyssa, no Olivia, and again. That was the nagging question in his mind? I've never been at death's door, seeing a glowing Jesus carrying, what looks like a water bottle. I would like to think if I were dying and really nothing could stop it, that I would think about what I'd like to do if I could remain around the people I love. I don't think I'd continue arguments about names, numbers, dates, politics. I'd be angry and sad that I would like end my time on Earth and would then only be able to watch them and not able to interfere -- helping in my own flunky way.

Strange as it is ... World Trade Center is 64% chick flick. That is how it made it through the gamet of would-be and batting cirlce protesters.

No comments: