Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Walletbuster mailed to the wall

Netflix has an enemy ... Walletbuster. I would refer to it by its real name (Blockbuster), but let's face it ... they are out to get all of your money, period. I know, I worked there years ago (14 years, I think). My sister elected to try their mail service, which will save them $5000 annually on late fees. Despite Walletbuster's claim of "no more late fees", they have them. "Restocking fee" is a late fee. They were cheaper than Netflix, but I'll stick with Netflix. I'm happy with them and I use Netflix for the folks. I get three movies for myself annually.

I'm also happy not giving Walletbuster any money. Had it not been for my working there, Monkeyjack might have had $7000 in late fees. It's an exaggeration, but $1200 is in the ballpark. My sister and family are just as poor at returning rentals, spending more money in late fees than in rentals. Either I'm better at it, or because I worked there, I don't get movie late fees. I also don't rent from Walletbuster.

No comments: