Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Saturday, November 25, 2006

She's got a secret she won't tell

My neice got a kitten recently and named it, "Secret". The large mixed-breed dog didn't much want it there, but after a week, the pets were fine with each other. Secret is interesting as much of the family is allergic to cats, but so far -- no major situations. The eldest boy has asthma and it was a great danger for my sister to allow the cat there. For this, I am disappointed in her. God willing, it will be okay.

Secret made himself known to my brother-in-law by sneaking toward him and standing on his shoulder. With a meow to his face, the cat became family to all. Now secret, isn't a secret, but a gift. My neice had a very difficult time dealing with the change of her sister in college. It is the longest the two have ever been apart. They shared a room for all of her life. The kitten is a gift, while her sister isn't there.

Soon, I expect, a menagerie of more critters including a snake that my asthmatic nephew wishes to have. My sister won't allow tarantulas, though two boys do want them.

My sister knows that three other kittens from the litter are not yet placed, insisting that the folks could have one -- they declined repeatedly. It isn't fair to the cat.

No comments: