Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Scarier than else

Female Genital Mutilation. I think one of the sickest so-called traditions, of which I have heard. According to researchers there is no religious basis for it, only to keep girls/women faithful to their husbands, for sex is no longer pleasurable. Moreover, the instruments used are generally non-surgical, the operation is not performed by surgeons, no sterile pieces are used and there isn't a procedure for the sugery. I would submit that the lack of procedure stems from it being a vile and cruel practice that is life threatening and does nothing to aid or help the patient.

What a sick practice. I think anyone who reads my blog and who has heard me talk on criminal punishment and control would have a pretty good idea of my policy on the perpetrators, much like Diry Harry Calihaun, "I shoot the bastards; that's my policy!" Welcome to the 21st century. End the practice -- now! While we're at it, stop slavery, NOW!

If you think slavery doesn't exist -- shame on you! If you think women are at par across the globe -- shame on you for not thinking and reading.

The damnest thing is that sometime soon, Lifetime or Oxygen will put on a movie about it, casting a girl in the role of victim ... and she asked for it. The "television for women" channel has a load of crap that both promotes victimhood and co-dependancy, as well as other ill ideas. This vile thing wouldn't be a stretch for them to do.

No comments: