Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

no orcs

The way some people write it, you might picture a scene from Lord of the Rings with humans struggling to survive against awesome odds. The Democrats have laid siege and are winning the battle for the House of Representatives. The Senate is struggling with its own battle, but seems to be prevailing. That's what sickens me!

Political parties at war? WTH? Aren't they suppose to be persons we elect, to do the right things for America? Aren't they supposed to REPRESENT those who elected them? Warfare is just sensationalism. What a crock! I have donated money to causes. How much money have I donated to political parties in my life ... easy, $0.00. I even am happy to not check the $3 to political campaign box on my IRS return.

If they want to see battle, murder, travel to Iraq, many parts of Africa, prison, Guatemala, Venezuela, Columbia. There's war; that's real. This notion of political war means that money raised to do good, is wasted on political ads and negativity. Sure, it's their money to waste, but is it always only their money and not mine? If others check the $3 1040 box that "doesn't affect [my] return", from where does the money come? You have to wonder.
What I would like is an honest debate between would be candidates and hard, explained stances on issues. I think some of these schmucks might answer with, "because I was told to say I stand this direction on this issue." If a stance is purely emotionally based, I'd like to know. That, then ... is an irrational person who lets passion guide rather than allow reason to accompany the process.
I think from here, logic cast away, is the root of "battle", "war", "seize", "conquor", all in the name of politics? Apparently these lawyers forgot most of their law classes in that "senate" is based on Roman senate, where select persons represented the people in improving life for Romans. The senate were not warriors, but scholars. I think we too often have no scholars to elect, and instead have gladiators or guards (no generals) to elect to positions. There we have passionate illogic, bloodlust, hunger for power.
You would also think that some parties have had equatorial Africa experience in their complaints of power famine. Oh ... so hungry for power. If only there were a way to go on the air to get people to give me power. Wait ... there is, nasty little political ads. You don't have Struthers doing it, but still ... this "impassioned" person comes on to "tell me, how white my [representives] can be, but he can't be a man 'cause he doesn't [agree on the issues as me]". "I can't get no ... satisfaction."+ So, then you have power obesity on the opposite end, who are slower, unhealthy in a different way -- people you'd rather not see at a buffet.
I might be a moderate or middle-roader, but the extremists (think "fundamental" or neuvo "extremist" muslim, a term now very commonly used) don't often help other than show where the line has clearly been crossed. These are the people who are warriors. They suppress and repress logic in favor of zealousness in some direction -- often not of their own design. I don't credit them with a high level of intelligence factoring; meaning that they favor reaction as opposed to thinking and reasoning. They are the elected drama queens, as it were, not noted for brilliance, despite however intelligent they might be.
+ Rolling Stones

2 comments:

MR said...

answer: they dramatize it so you'll watch their channel's coverage of the elections.

MR said...

I saw some old stand up Comedy from the 90's with this guy who was of Columbian decent. He was talking about how he saw on the news a certain town in Texas described as "overwelmingly hispanic." He said "sounds like they're fighting a war and losing. MAYDAY, MAYDAY we are overwelmed with Mexicans here!"