Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Friday, February 02, 2007

Up, longer, straighter

not an "enhancement" ad. I have seen a great number of people with Christmas decore clinging to houses inside and out. While in Lafayette, the spirit is still alive or lingers with trees still in a front window room. I could summarily dismiss this as "white trash" laziness, or I could view it as clinging desperately to a dream, hope, and meaning.

I didn't especially like my minimalist Christmas this year, yet I am happy that I have friends and family, life and health. In fact, I think that, apart from insomnia, I am slightly healthier than last year. I didn't get my typical sinus infection.

I haven't discarded my thoughts on Christmas, my angst with minimal cash, and my vain efforts in other ventures.

No comments: