Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Haven't written 'bout her in a while

Kari Byron, not just a pretty face ... artistry is her passion. I examined her work. The pictures hint that the work is small and detailed. I found the flash animation belittled her work, but someone opted for the display tool. As a consesuer of art, I think I'm just about as picky with it as I am food and movies.

Sorry Kari, you're sweet, but I don't think I'm gifted enough to understand your work. Mixed media and sculpture -- I think are better received by art buffs. I'm too classical or untrained, as it were, to appreciate the finer works. Unlike art that I would normally trash -- meaning throw into dumpster for geological recyclilng, I can see effort and though processes behind the work. I still do not understand it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How about an artist you DO like?