Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Bang bang bang go my morals

My feelings of morality are, well, that I'm a sinful sod. I have principles but am willing to defy them in favor of certain situations. Headstrong, headlong, I plunge into the quagmire known as the gray area where thinking is allowed, but prompt action is required. Given circumstances where to act in my moral front (template) is to bring harm to others and to not act is to bring harm to others. Pitted now against the code of realism and pragmatism or stark reality and preference, my desires are immaterial to reality. So, I boldly hurt some to not hurt others. Some pay, my soul pays, my mind pays and takes its toll on me -- conscious reminding me like a mirror, of who I am. What have I done ... forever it pains me ... I can't change what I have done, but I wouldn't change it, the other possibility is equally terrible or worse. In the end, I haven't surrendered my morals, nor put them on a shelf, but rather see that taking pain in one way is no worse than pain in another and the I haven't circumvented my morals in favor of the fast and easy way. I do accept that I'm selfish.

No comments: