Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Valentine's Day Macabre

Imagine if you will, a place without time, without reason, without end. You're now entering, the Valentine's Zone. The folks were going to have a quiet little Valentine's dinner for two, when my sister called needing drivers and to drop off the folk's car she borrowed for a bit.
We picked up her car at Enterprise Car Rental (they sell their cars too). After some more paperwork, it was her's. The plan: eat someplace then pick up my neice's car at another lot as it was partially repaired. My sister DF noticed that the tank was almost empty. She was afraid that she wouldn't make it to a gas station, so she called Enterprise. The manager there was shocked that it wasn't full. So was I since she had paid for it earlier, therefore they knew it was sold. The manager drove to the restaurant, drove the car to the gas station and dropped off the keys to my sister.
Wacky! It was nice that he did that, but it's odd that it had no gas.
Anyway, I left with my sister and picked up my niece's car. It shimmied a bit at low speeds and maxed out on performance and agility at 60 mph. To get back faster, we took the highway/interstate, which there I believe is Ronald Reagan Expressway. We got back, pet the dog known as Angel and took off.

What a crazy, crazy Valentine's day. I hope the folks can get away for a dinner-for-two, sometime.

I have no girlfriend right now, so Feb. 14, 2006 was unremarkable save for the craziness of driving and defying a romantic dinner for two.

1 comment:

MR said...

That's alright, your parent's romantics have brought enough pain to this world.