Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Fudge Boat

circa 1994
a colaborative idea from J Savage and myself, spawned after he returned from living in Chicago, IL. He told me he was surprised to see a billboard for a gay cruise line. I can think of no place in conservative little Indiana where that would go. From this, he coined, "Fudge Boat", which in turned spawned the following ideas:
a new TV show called "the Fudge Boat" starring;
Captain Stupid, "I don't have no fags on my boat" -- plainly in stupid deny or ready-for-politics-stupid, Doctor ____er, Yeoman-Purser Gopher Smith, who goes for anything, and let's not forget the mermaids, who would be drag queens.

In any episode, you'd have the captain in foreground talking about something, "not realizing" that the grecko-style wrestling in the background wasn't really what was happening. There would be the "life savers pumping up".

"Hey, what are they doing?"
"They're inflating the life vests ... yeah, that's what their doing."

After that ... the commentary goes beyond the scope of this blog. What was written above was rude enough.
+++++
I'm surprised too that they would advertise like that, but it makes sense. Why not have a cruise liner where people didn't have to hide or lie about it. I'd be better for everyone, as there would be no confusion. If memory serves me well, Cuba Gooding, Jr. was in a Boat Trip movie also ... though, not playing a gay patron. As AMC is airing James Bond movies, still, I saw Roger Moore. He's in the Boat Trip, playing a gay passenger. I understand that there was almost a rumor, unsubstantiated, that he was ... uh, light on his toes.

No comments: