Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Tales from the Debbie 3

Well it's Friday. Thank goodness. I’m thinking of ordering a pizza even though we ate out yesterday. Another week of running and chasing and feeding . Meg and I are tired. We usually do the brunt of the running. I vacumed out the van today. It only took $5. It started to look like it was parked by the world trade center. Ana is in peak shape with volleyball season here. It is hard to believe she has energy to talk. If she could run as fast as she speaks she would be world class olympian. She is enjoying school for the most part.
Mike is having a good year. He is very busy with scouts and football and band. Of course we have to get the socializing in there too. The room is looking to have the affects of not being home too often. I am not sure when i last saw the floor or the closet. Luckily the room has a door that closes!! He is maturing nicely and can be quite dependable this year!!
Dave has soooo much energy he is exhausting to watch or be around. He is busy ast school with bells and peer mediation and waiting baseball season to begin for him. I think he would like to play baseball in his rollerblades. Actually this summer the silly little bunch did just that. It was great to "run the bases" he does everything with his blades. I have caught him trying to scooter and bike ride with them. He is wearing out a few angels
Jon needs a cell phone. He is mister popularity. Unfortunately his popularity does not coincide with class instruction. "I hate school, there are too many rules" I don't agree with taking away recess, that is a parent punishment. His imagination is still wonderful. Lately he is pretending to be a biker. Not good when you don't wear the pads or helmet or have the dirt to fall in. His wish for loose teeth came all at once, which makes it great for water tricks.
Megan thinks turning 5 has given her priviledges of an adult. She does not see the correlation between preschool and the unlikehood of wondering over the neighborhood by herself or demanding what is to be done in a day. Overall she is an easy child, but does get in her "flossy" moods. Tony is working like a dog still. He is tired but has been very good at helping pick up after the various activities.
I am doing pretty good. Trying to convince myself that my new job is fun. We hope you are all good in spirits and health. I better go. It is Fri and soon the house will be filled with several children bearing teeth for more food.
God's peace, our prayers and love.
Deb
_____
Quotes from Megan:

MOm, why is the sky blue, why are you called mom, why is daddy the daddy?Why, why why??????

Why are you so full of questions Megan?

Because that's what God stuffed me with. Some TeddyBears have soft white stuff, but my belly is full of chocolate chip cookies and questions> age 5

Have a agreat day
deb
_____
Michael
“The cat scan was a disappointment. I thought it would be more fun. All I did is lay there and have to be still. I thought I would do the spinning.”
“I want you to make my cake mom. The frosting from the store tastes like the lipstick I use to eat as a kid.”
Jon
“I don't like my teacher. He sat me at the 'talking table' but I sat there because I was talking and then I was not suppose to talk.”
“I need a new spiderman outfit. Mine won't let me stick on the walls.”
Megan
“Don't let me miss the bus again, I didn't have time to talk with my friends.”
Next birthday I will be having a party and the circus can come too.
Dave
“Please can I have a snowboard for my birthday. I promise to use it outside and only down the steps in the summer.”
Ana
“ok really turn it up, I promise this is my favorite song. ok turn it up, I promise this is the other so my song. ok turn it up, the boys are making me crazy, they won't stop yelling.”

Hope you had a little fun today.
deb
____
2/8/06
Those are really cute. Needed a good laugh. Thank you for my gifts. I am going to read the animal book tonight finally got the kids to the pool and to the movies. They had fun. We even attempted shopping. Didn't last long. Jon was mad as it was not toys r us. Megan did not want any “girl” clothes”, Mike and Dave were disgusted that I made them try on pants and if too baggy it is a no go at home. Ana upset that the low cuts could not be disguised well enough with a large belt. So we came out with about $39 worth of good.
Not bad for Kohs and 5 kids. Tony got home from camping. Stinky of course and tired. But a bit relaxed. I am jealous of it. Someday we will go again
One funny--- farty funny. Grocery store, 9pm. Not too many souls out shopping. Floors are slippery form resent mop. Jon and Mike chatting along in front of us. Yikes! Jon sounds like a motorcycle--a Harley! I quickly dodged into another aisle away, hoping to avoid the attention and the assured family membership. I dodged, I hid, but, of butt no; I was found. Now they are both laughing and sputtereing and making red faces. But the plan to humiliate mom literally backfires. Off to the can they run. Ha Ha. Lost them, oh wait, they found me just as I am using the temperamental self register. Oh the embarrassment, no long of the farting.
Over that by now. It is the fact that the gas expulsion has actually ruined the machine. After the grocery was paid for we go to the “look: of go back to never land.: so it was a good laugh in the care as we drive home with 3 boys singing various versions of who know what out the back sides. Oh life with boys. So illuminating! So glad I am a girl.
love you all bunches. Deb
___
March 28, 2005
Top of the Morning to You. Here’s a day for motherhood. Yada yada on the carpool, nightmare traffic, chronic tardiness and slipped appointments. More yahoo for sibling mischief and mishaps, dogs barfing on the carpet, teachers calling from school and kids asking for money and “field trip” to the movies/mall for the weekend.
Let’s move on to making dinner. 5pm. Don’t know what it is about that hour but it’s bad. Tried several ways to avoid the decline of the day going to mass can get us there at about oh the “Go in Peace.” Today though the smoke alarm went off. dinner was cooking... bubba burgers..the boys love them. well it got a little smoke filled. DON”T WORRY. IT”S A FUNNY STORY> One of the boys hits the panic button and so the fire station and alarm company is called. Yeah there was some yelling. Oh the neighbors had fun. The windows are open, the fire department is coming and Mike is yelling. “dinner’s ready” So wait it’s better. I try to cancel the fire department but they want to make sure it’s ok. Should have just had them in for dinner.
Somewhere in here Tony comes home from work. Poor guy. Turns on the TV as I say... the fire department is here! Still some residual yelling but the kids are ready to eat!
In this blurr of it all Ana drives up from work. I say..” don’t panic, but it’s frustration zone just go upstairs.’“ As soon as the fire department leaves she tells me something so precious.
Mom” I was sent home from work for talking too fast and too much”
This is so funny because to know Ana when she is on “talk mode” yikes. Several of her friends have told her they just tune out and let her go. A handy little trick we learned years ago. Unfortutaly you have to pay attention because she usually is sneaking in vital information it just zooms as fast as cable.
God Bless High School Teachers.
God Bless Husbands.
God Bless Fathers.
God Bless Children.
God Bless Mothers.
I still think it is funny.
So have a really good day.
love ya,
Deb O

2 comments:

Cerpicio said...

Um.
Who the heck is Debbie and why is she posting in your blog?
I'm confused.

Marcus said...

Technically, she isn't posting on my blog, but rather, I am posting her stories. Debbie one of my sisters. These represent but a few that she's told me. These, I had the great joy of, mostly, getting in email.