Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Mum and rabbits

My neices got a bunny each one year. They were very cute! It just so happened, when they visited, excited about the bunnies, that I was cutting up broccoli. I prefer raw veggies to cooked ones. The rabbits and I shared this.
Well, while resting or hopping around on the girls chests as they laid still, they happily ate the broccoli and summarily peed and pooped. Wee little bunnies have small discharges, of little concern.
Later, while the girls were finding ways to play with them, they often allowed them to roam around the floor where they would find neat things to chew. All rabbits chew and sometimes aren't all that considerate. I had some t-shirts that had particular pits and holes from their ... chewing. The origins of chewing are manyfold, suffice to say, it is something that rabbits continually do.
That being the case, Mum, hesitant around the rabbits announced to them that,
If one of these bunnies bites me, youall gonna git it!
That's funny, because she has no southern drawl or speech. She still carries Pennsylvania Dutch colloquialisms and some Pittsburghese *.
I believe that my sister, who got the rabbits hoped for one of each, but I think they got two females who humped each other for dominance.
To further this Doolittle Tale, we introduce birds. The basement smelled, well ... ripe. We couldn't forget the turtle and the frogs.

-- T.B.C.

* actually, there was a published book How to Speak Pittsburghese

No comments: