Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Terminator

Two of my brothers-in-law and I were talking about movies ... generally picking on them. Tony and I were discussing time travel -- and the inherent problems with making it into a concept where you could change the future. In our discussion, we talked about two more commonly referencable films: Back to the Future and Terminator. Terminator was, perhaps, more worthy of discussion.

At the end of it, Tony found he had a better appreciation for Terminator, in that the protagonist mother at the end is clearly describing Reece to her unborn son, to send that particular person back in time to "facilitate" the future ... i.e.: if you wanna live (be conceived) you gotta send back this guy. Thank goodness he wasn't a barbaric ass, eh?

It's good to talk about older movies ... BTW: Terminator, 1982
Are you old yet? I am.

"They are my people. I love them. Pull! [blam]!"
"It's good to be king."

No comments: