Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

scars upon thars

I'm looking at my hands --- and they are working man's hands. I bear the cuts, scrapes, and burns of my job. What joy -- more cuts ahead, where any acid neatly reminds me of sores that only appeared to be better healed. My fellow co-workers bear scars from longer work there ... pigment error (mark of a burn) here, faint mark of a once-deep cut there.

Now, you're cautious, but there are ways to injure yourself. I have been jolted by machines (electrical), burnt minorly through accident and incident, cut, and have had chemicals splashed into my eyes. I also got the wonder of vaporized toxins into my lungs -- and I thought working in a industy was dangerous.

Anway, there are no bragging rights now, for no one seeks the scars upon thars, for we are all with scars and mixed -- experienced in the warmth of, "Mother of pearl, that hurts!"

1 comment:

MR said...

Yeah, but I'd be willing to bet you've got as many scars in four months as do the people who have been there ten years.

"Hey kids, watch me catch this bee in my hand! ouch! ouch! ouch! Hey, what's going on here?!"