Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

more and more my servant

C-L-O-S-E-R, Closer---
repeat

[think the song, "Gloria"]

That's the chorus of the song at work. I guess my nights belong to them. I wonder, with the perpetual nights if I will ultimately become a servant of evil or a corporate drone/clone.

Sometime soon I'll leave.
I suspect you speak of your applications to other places. Yes, I know. It was I who allowed you to believe you could escape. I have a whole legion of persons applying for those same positions.

... later ...
I will have you work forever without an advancement.
"NEVER!" I shout with my lightsaber drawn and slashing wildly and madly.

I think I should concentrate more on getting out of there. My efforts to help others have been futile, from what I can see. I suggest person after person for more comprehensive training and for what? The bossmen do nuttin' fo' dem. This "spacemonkey"++ needs to get out before I grow crazier.

+ entry title quote from, Return of the Jedi
++ from Fight Club

1 comment:

MR said...

Oh I see, so you don't like the establishment and you want to quit. That's the theme to THIS message... and the one before, and the one before that, and...

you may have to be patient, as I don't think you've buried your lapse in employment with four months of work. Right now it's like... if you turned 16, got your license, drove directly from the BMV to the airport, FLEW to California, drove from the airport to a Limo place and applied for a job as a chauffeur. They'd be like: "we'd be more impressed with your driving experience if you'd have driven all the way."

Maybe you should invent a family business that you worked for over that time. They'd call your Dad and he'd be like "what? never heard of 'im! Oh, someone's here jumping up and down... hang on, oh, okay, I guess that's my son's name. What? Lie? Oh... okay, yeah he worked for me all that time he wasn't workin'. I was paying him to polish chairs with his ass."

You'd be like: CONFOUND you, Tom H.......!