Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

what's this ... on pulse?

Old phones ... who can understand them?

Oh, anyway ... the desperate phone call was not so desperate. I found myself being career counselor
again.

Yes, uh huh, yep ... gotcha, alright. I'll tell you what. Take the job that pays and if something better comes along, take it.

I should have been thinking like, Better Off Dead, "Go down there, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn." Don't make things terribly complex when they aren't. Take out all the drama, the headache, the ambiguity, the campaign costs, the tri-color printing and you are left with something mostly black and white. If what you see makes sense .. great! If not, great! Take anyway anything distracting and you have the core.

She agreed that my advice made sense.

Apple core, Baltimore, who's your friend, me!

One telling thing ... "Oh, I know about computers" (mid March statement)
"I haven't had internet for over a year" (last night's statement)

"I've been here for seven years; I know high school. I'm no dummy."+ I hear the tinkling of glass and somewhere, Pinocchio's nose is growing. Dose one of unreality or "little white lie". Despite the beautiful red color of the apple presented to me, I'll opt out of the poison apple. ++ I ain't bitin'.

+ Better Off Dead
++ Snow White, Adam & Eve

No comments: