Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

plucking marvelous

I was listening to myTunes (not i or apple anything) and got a chance to listen to some quality brass expression -- unlike some redundant synthesized pop. I got to hear on the same song, the plucking of guitar -- electric, and horns, some with mutes (reduces volume and quality). Timing was great.

I later heard the thunderous roar and monotonous thumping of bass and deep drums, still all-in-all not a bad tune. It was a good deal better than the same 40 songs that have plagued my travel back and forth to work. My word people! I could understand if they were all hits within the last 6 months. A few are 70s songs, other 80s, other 90s. The same blinkin' songs man! It's maddening!

Hey man, is that redundant @#$! ? Well, turn it up, man.

I think I'd trade, "Freedom Rock" for this paltry sample of stuff I heard when it was new and don't want to hear it twice daily. If they're going to play older stuff -- how about Beatles or something. I'd buy a new stereo for the car, but:
I don't plan on keeping the car,
the stereo is factory in-dash and expensive to yank,
I'd be better off getting the next car and a new mp3 player (I already have two separate adaptors -- tape deck and station block (4 channel signal to send to stereo, tune to the channel and viola! you have your mp3 tunes)).

No comments: