Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

foul mouthed, dirty minded, I fit right in

I made a comment, "flash some leg", which was disregarded as a quip, an attempted, "ha ha", thakfully not festering into a sexual harrassment suit. My other visual remark was when a couple of guys spent their attention, not on me while helping them, but rather on the butt of a nice-looking woman/girl+ at work. She didn't seem to "enjoy" the knowledge that her butt got so much attention.

Other antics at work are from the septic mouths of persons spouting jokes -- demeaning to ethnic groups, sex, and general belittlement--unrestricted. Yet, some other comments are leading double-edged swords and inuendos cubed. "That's not what she said", and "That's what she said", "You said you want to [rude]?"

Sometimes it is, in most respects, a "good old boys'" club. Where the moon shines, your cousin is your wife and sister, and non-white know dey place. It is this "good old boy" retardity (not mentality) that I find disturbing. Sure ... dirty jokes, stuff I find insulting, that's just about anywhere you work, but the "Dat's da way it always bin ... ain' gonna be" is, well ... 16th century. "Them thar 'puters iz takin' over" I can hear tumble-drying in their minds.

+ I include "girl" as she is younger than myself

No comments: