Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

So ... more on the car

My car doesn't need a $100 fix ... it's more like $300 - $500 at a different auto shop. Here is my tale.

I took the thing to Midas ... it was going to be $100, but no ... nothing so simple or cheap. They called back with $577, then $800 some for "all that we see that's wrong". Finally they stated, "we could do bare minimum for $177, but you'd need work soon after." I called another place, they were going to get a quote for me ... wait, hey time's a wastin' and I have a second interview today people! So, after 30 minutes of waiting, I called them ... computer wasn't showing prices. Finally, the guy guessed at $200. That's cool! Now, I have to drive over to Midas, get my car again, then drop it off, get another car and go to interview.

I wait ... car is on rack, lofted, at Midas. Midas gold touch nothing ... they charge platinum prices. Anyway, after waiting 20 minutes for them to release my car, I drive the bad brakes car to a shop ... there, I drop it off. They guessed that it might be until Thursday until it's done. Thankfully, I have access to another car (van).

I am late to my second interview. I expected the guy to flat out turn down my attempts, but he let me come in and did the second interview. I did a personality profile and vocab test. He said that when he crunches the numbers, he'll call me again.

Curse my short run of bad luck, but ...

I did finish the interview, so maybe I should stop criping. Yeah, I'll do that!

No comments: