Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Just give me somthing to break

How 'bout my stinking bad luck run?

I pulled out to the street to go get my bloody brakes fixed. Stall. Stall. Stall. The wicked cold stalled it repeatedly, then finally ... roar, the small engine made all the noise it could. I drive to Midas, as they had the cheapest price ... imagine that!

Bridge out ... road closed, take detour.

I was scraping my windshield from within the car and my fingernail slid under the plastic tag showing I had an oil change recently... three quarters of the way down my nail, underneath. I wonder if I'll lose a nail.

I don't really want to break stuff ... just this line of annoyances, but maybe it could be worse. Yes, it could. It's a bit like the annoyances in the "Ironic" song, not always ironic, just aggrivating at times. I'm sitting here typing, so not "everything sucks", but this morning ... the petty things were adding.

1 comment:

MR said...

Even if the whole nail dies and falls off, it'll grow back pretty quickly. And not from the back, either, they grow from the ground floor up, then finally the smooth top part fills in from the back forward. Kind of interesting really.