Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Thursday, March 15, 2007

compliments of a nice State trooper

I was speeding in my car, which seems an unlikely event. Yes, my car can, at times, exceed the speed limit. I was approaching a town on the highway and a state trooper pulled me over for speeding. He nicely gave me a written warning rather than a ticket. I think he was courteous and kind anyway, but my greasy appearance after a day of working in the heat likely added to his kindness. I had stripped off my work shirt and had on my white t-shirt and required black pants. I looked like a greaser in an old, dented car. "Have mercy please," implored my car and situation.

This is a second time in years that a state trooper has been kind enough to stop me and give me either a verbal or written warning. So those of you who have such experiences, you might share my liking for their kindness. Thank you officer, sorry that I wasted your time!

No comments: