Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Monday, February 05, 2007

Superbowl at Mr's

Well, MR treated me to beer and pizza. The before game show was Colts-centric, but perhaps the previous 2 hours were Bears-centric. I don't know. The show introduced by Gloria Estafan required the TV viewers to be on LSD. The halftime show was, welll, as expected unentertaining. I really wonder about the throng of people who ran up to the stage. Many were so young, I doubt they knew Prince.

Well the game was good, the first fourteen seconds I thought showed exactly how the game was going to be, but it was a fluke. Within minutes, Indy looked like a team ready for a beating. It was a grim day for the Colts fans. The rain came down throughout the game. Even the hawkers of overpriced goods hid from the rain. The second quarter came up and through that there were turnovers after turnovers. The Colts then began to score.

Obviously by games's end, the Colts demonstrated that they were a tough team and not the squeakers-by that I claimed they were. They showed a faithless person such as myself that Indy could win a superbowl. I couldn't believe this team that tumbled the ball away, denying a field goal and Manning throwing so many bad passes -- three in a row that could have been interceptions. One was caught by the Bears.

Manning getting MVP for the Superbowl game ... I disagree with that. Granted, the short passes won the game, but his bad throwing at the start, I think should have prevented MVP status. When the turnovers are high, look for a receiver to get the MVP.

After all the hype and fluff and pomp and circumstance you have the awards and you have a feeling-neglected puppy plain full of it wanting to play, and so she did. Chase the ball, chew the toy, run around, bite the sweeper. Fun, fun, fun. MVP goes to Maia.

Thanks MR for the pizza, beer, and surprising game where I was wrong and the Colts won.

1 comment:

MR said...

Thought I'd catch this one before it scrolled away.

"Chicago BEARS... terror of the midwest. Huh-huh... bears! More like... uh.. chipmunks."

Ralph's Dad