Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Snow, powdery snow

It was nice having powdery snow to move, unlike the wet slush Indiana usually gets. I forgot to mention that at 7:30, my butt and the rest of me was asleep. The doorbell rang. What the? Who the? Why the? I plopped, really, out of bed and peered out the window. A lone, unfamiliar white car on the street, a person nearby. I walked downstairs, nearly tumbling, and answered the door, shirtless. The guy called out through the wind and dark, "d'ya want me ta do da dr ..."
"No!"

That guy woke my sorry tail for that? I had finally gone to sleep fairly early for me and got some rest. I actually fell back asleep after that and snoozed longer. A fierce truck was moving snow from a neighbor's drive. I think he was a son-in-law, but am unsure. Okay ... okay, I'll get moving. I drank coffee and headed out into the windy cold. After snowblowing two drives, I returned to get a scarf. The wind continually blew the snow back into my face. It was miserable.

Still, the moving was faster since it was powder.

I made chili, which I thought was going to be too spicy, but was just fine. Now, it sits and grows in my gut. I wonder if I made stomach beer? It seems to be producing gas out the top. I'm sure later it will expell out the back too.

No comments: