Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

putting BS to work

I saw two jobs in which the illustrious companies were offering to pay the rate of $10 per hour and one was < $8. Let's see. Applicant went to school and paid $25000 or more for a bachelors and you are willing to pay $15,500 - $20,000. If you don't get a lot of takers, understand that you want the impossible. The entry title is one catch phrase used by a company to entice people to use their degree. Um ... how?

1 comment:

CAQuincy said...

Hence the reason why most of us gen x-ers are up to our eyeballs in debt. Wow! I got my BA! Wow! No one's hiring in my field! Wow! Now I gotta take a job doing spreadsheets for $8hr to pay for rent and groceries and those student loans (and don't forget to dress "professionally")! Wow! 10 years later, I've worked up to making more money, but I've accrued so much debt paying for rent/groceries on my credit cards just to get by and my student loans have doubled due to the forebearances I've been forced to take that I can't POSSIBLY get ahead--let alone break even! Wow! The American Dream!