Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Monday, January 22, 2007

babbadooba, not prince

Whoever he is, will be on display at halftime, likely with pole-riding or pelvis grinding dancers. Huh. The halftime show was just promptly rude, rather than "accidently" rude. I guess the planners just threw up their hands and left Howard Stern to direct the halftime. Prince interviewing some lady, while she talks about her petty little life and she strips down to a bluetooth on her ear.

Perhaps they could ask another person to put together the halftime show ... you know, with somebody more contemporary than Charlie Daniels, less blah than Bon Jovi, and stupid than Justin Timberlake-Janet Jackson. I don't like Barenaked Ladies, but I'd take them over some of the others. I'd rank them above Bon Jovi, and not as stupid of a choice as Jay-Z, Prince, Britney Spears, Madonna, etc.

Find a band ... that PLAYS intruments, has recent hits and that doesn't have to change or bleep out lyrics. That is a group you should choose. I'd actually like a carnival like halftime show or youth talent. This big-name, big-lame halftime does give me time to eat more chips, but I'd rather be entertained.

Prince ... blah. How about a comedy skit with forty some comedians, where each one gets a short round of standup and exposure. If you don't find her/him funny, it switches quickly to another person. I fear that they'll have a bum on stage performing music and then pull a Dixie Chicks. The comedian thing isn't long enough to remake a Michael Richards.

No comments: