Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Neighbor chat

While one couple of neighbors generally are aloof, their children are more outgoing. The daughter grins and laughs bunches, but rarely speaks with me. Yesterday was an exception. She completed, what might be considered a paragraph. It was after I was her audience on her wonderful bicycling back and forth down the street. She's young and not allowed to travel far -- thankfully set limits by rational parents not sending their child to areas to-be-abducted. Since I had a one-sided conversation with her while she rode, she obliged me a short happy-thoughts session before going in with mommy and brother for hot chocolate. She said bye and waved happily to me. I could see in her eye and actions that, while mommy put away the bike, that she wanted to do a cartwheel on the front lawn. That'd be great since, she's four.

No comments: