Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Alpha Bravo Charlie

Monkeyjack called me, since we have not spoken for weeks now -- not hostile, just never called each other. Anyway, he and his family are over their illness, though his wife was again mildly ill with something else. More to the point, Charlie, his son, wanted to talk with Uncle [me]. There was enough background noise that we were about talking in a concert. Conversation was a challenge, but nice. I tried prompting him, but got only mild feedback.

At one point in time, the pauses were as classes; long and seemingly pointless. Ah, I reasoned, they were home and good friend TV cartoons ensnared hiim. I was a nuisance thereafter. Monkeyjack eventually interceeded and got the phone back. We bade goodbye. What I did find out, while Monkeyjack hasn't had time to bloody well do much, is that his business seems to be fine ... he's marrying again (this time to company) and that a "beloved" large fish passed away.

He declared on the mountaintop that he was not bowling this year! He regarded the cost and payout (end of league and entertainment value - cost of going and eating and drinking) were not worth it. He considered, within a year or more to join a macho-competitve league that offered more challenge than "candy-ass" as he called it.

I won't bowl -- I won't do it.

No comments: