Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Monday, September 04, 2006

lack of patience in patient

Here, my father is feeding her (Monday, Sept. 4, 2006, Labor Day). She can do fine herself, but it was good that he had something to do -- as he is busy thinking and not doing, driving him mad.

She is reading the diabetic menu here, obviously conscious and in pretty good shape, but the order was sent up wrong -- imagine that!

My mom is a terrible patient. She has been grumpy and pissy the last couple of days. If they nurses are slow to get to her, it's likely because she is a witch to them. She has a cornucopia of pain meds to take. If I took was she was taking I would be nausiated and comatose: vicodin, percocet, skelaxon, darvocet, loratab. Some aren't taken concurrently, so there are gaps, but there is vitually no time that some pain meds are out of her system. I thought that the PT would be bad, but I think the chemical rehab might be step 3, for weening her off the pain meds might be scary and unfun for all.

1 comment:

MR said...

And just three days ago you posted:

"Also good, is that Mother has a good rapport with the nursing staff. They are all wonderful!"

Has she made any comments like "when I was a nurse everyone loved me" or comparisons to the skill or compassion of the nurses she has?

I would also call another T.M.I. alert, I don't think your Mom would be too thrilled about these pictures you've posted for the world to see in a less than glorious venue.