Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Monday, August 07, 2006

hull breech

I was painting again. It seems to be my lot in life. I finished and when I was cleaning out brushes and trays, the outside well (not where one gets water) was filled with paint water and plant materials. Because of the materials -- the water went nowhere. I thought that it would eventually drain and went in to wash my hands then shower. I went to the basement (opposite side of well) and the paint water had crept in, along the floor (under the joining door to the outside). I dropped scrap towels to hold back what could have been a flood. I went outside and bailed the excess water from the well. After the well was 5 mm filled with water, very safe, I returned to clean up the mess.

It had crept under a storage cabinet, thankfully plastic and easier to move. It also went under the clothes washer, so I had to move it and clean the mess there. Yikes! It had been a while seen I had pulled back the cabinet and the washer. Goo, eww ... and gross! Suffice to say that the energy I had for the second coat of paint today, was spent on the water disaster. I am spent.

The good news is that God was looking out for me, in that it rained heavily in the afternoon and the plugged well would have been an issue, perhaps. Thanks God!

No comments: