Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Go West!

Pioneers now, the Schellenbachs will be going West, well, very western Illinois. Doesn't that just pan out to typical reality? There you are, well settled in your house, life, job ... now a family of three and POW, you plan to move. Life either kicks you or is getting kicked by you. Hmphf!

Dear K.,

I hope that this larger firm pays for relocation or compensates you for your move of faith! I'm sure you took it knowing the changes. It'll be sad to see you four (your doggy too) moving farther. I don't know anything about where you're heading, only -- that it is NO CHICAGO. You might have some better travel though.

I sent your webpage to my brother-in-law, who's a department chair for AUTOCAD, AUTODESK (etc.) classes and training at IVY TECH (South Bend). Hopeefully, his students see your work, and listen to your podcasts.
.....
Though not needing cowboy boots and spurs, they might need to adapt to the locals ... changing customs. "You ain't from 'round here ... is ya?"

1 comment:

MR said...

Haha... almost impressive, but falls off quickly:

"my brother-in-law, who's a department chair for AUTOCAD, AUTODESK (etc.) classes and training at IVY TECH "

for a second there, I thought he got a job at AutoDesk.