Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Reminded me of terrible statement

last panel "borrowed" from a Cow & Boy strip by Mark Leiknes

T J, while well intoxicated, told us a statement. I can't call it a joke, but it started out, "What's the best thing about sex with ..." If the audience were, um ... sadistic, psychotic, and pediphelic it might be construed as something you might want to hear, though unfunny. I leave this here as a reminder that if you're drunk off your butt and you have a wingman with you, his job also entails you not telling horrible statements like this. Worse still, T J laughed, then -- a blip of conscience coupled it with remorse.

To this day, I had hoped sometime that it would be erased from my mind, but it hasn't. I try then to fill all the area around it with flowers and pretty and kind things to hide this wicked one-time misstatement he made. He heard it from someone and in a drunken state, chosen to say it in the same state as he likely heard it.

3 comments:

MR said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
MR said...

I hate to testify against T.J. because I feel the joke WAS funny in that it was such a departure from his real personality. All the humor was in the irony of HIM telling it. Anyway, I hate to bear witness against him, but I'm sure he told me that joke, stone sober as a judge at the video store at which we worked. But, again, it works because of his personality. Now if R.R. told that joke, everyone would back away quickly.

Marcus said...

Yes ... had R R made the statment, everyone might have believed he was stating it from second or first hand experience or desire to experience it. R R, I think, let his madness and passions consume him to a point of no return. Ultimately, doubt that he would do such a thing, but to talk about it openly -- that he would do.