Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Sunday, April 09, 2006

watching lost

is like watching bulbs develop into flowers, or buds turned into leaves:
slow, methodical (or so it seems), gradual grwoth into something new, to its conclusion of something predictable. While stopping and watching minutes at a time, getting the highlights of the growth (slow motion camera shooting picures twice daily) is still slow, but better than sitting for months -- wating.
I've watched the show pretty much to the point where, you see the buds on the branches very well. They are prominant, but the insects are yet there to exploit these, as they tend to do. The full richness of spring isn't quite filling my nose and lungs, so I think I have a while to wait yet.

After the splendor, you have the waste of the bounty lying everywhere for you to pick up -- that, being your time spent waiting for something.

I'm done watching it. It's boring like Space 2001, with background things being interesting, but the whole movie start to finish being much, much, much too long and not worth the time spent seeing it.

1 comment:

MR said...

I haven't bought it yet, but if I do pick up the entire series, or best seasons of Deep Space Nine, I may invite you to watch those and see if the storyline grows on you. I tend to think it would since you seem to like Star Trek. This is like Star Trek with much more destruction and much better writing. The characters blossom. Chief O'Brien and Worf were imputant characters on ST:TNG, but developed into very cool, diverse characters in the DS9 universe. I tend to think you would like it.

sample dialogue:

Vic (hologram): "You want me to help you two defend the Alamo?"
O'Brien: "sure! I can copy your matrix over to the other holodeck, you'll love it!"
Vic: "sorry fellas, I don't look good in a coon-skin cap"