Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Sunday, April 09, 2006

dream

I was with my father driving down the road, when we came to a bridge. Not one part of the road nor the bridge were familiar to me and I was driving.
The road, as I then looked, was 6 or 8 lanes wide. The bridge lifted up and the warning lights were flashing and the blaring of the audible signals was loud. We were up about one-quarter of the way over the bridge before the signals went. The signaling started similtaneously with the lifting of the bridge -- therefore, a river lied below. It was strange then, and stranger now as to why the signals were late and that it was a 6-8 lane bridge (implausable for lifting). We started sliding backward, twisting as the bridge lifted our car and the semi-trucks behind us, before we crashed into them, the bridge broke, and it quickly fell forward, showing my father and I the shallow river below.

Again ... it was 70 to the brown river -- which obviously wasn't very deep. We were going to die. I looked over to my father (a roller coaster torso bar (horseshoe shape) was over each of us -- odd again, and we quietly said, "I love you" as a passing gesture before dying.

Splash! We were pulled down under the water (greater than 100' -- unreal for brown water, and the whole bridge structure fell on top. There was no boat or ship passing under the bridge, no reason for it to have lifted.

In this same dream, I walk around later and people are shocked to see me days after the accident. I found out that they never pulled out the bodies, so I was dead. My father, unlike me, aparently stayed dead. I was whole, not zombie-like by gave people an odd sense as my body was buried deep in water, under metal. I wasn't a ghost. After walking to my father's grave and tried to live/exist as I could. Why did I have the same body and why am I alive where I should be physically gone?

Before waking I remember helping a few people ... but sad, suicidal, in that I sought destruction by saving someone else. I wished to be shot, shielding someone from a bullet, anything to not existence in my should-not-be-alive state of being.

1 comment:

MR said...

This is the kind of dream you have after watching the Blue's Brothers (which I just, coincidentally, quoted in the previous blog) With it's drawbridge scene where they jump the Blues mobile over it. And the scene where the Illinois-Nazis fall off the implausibly tall bridge and the one looks over to Henry Gibson and says "I've always loved you." And perhaps also watching the destruction of War of the Worlds (maybe). I hated that movie, by the way. And I hate Tom Cruise.