Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Monday, February 06, 2006

Dog Tales (series) ep. iii a

Jake and Sid:

Before Charlie was born, Monkeyjack and Lori and these two silly companions. When they were out of town they would ask me to house and dog sit. I accepted. The problem was when they returned. The dogs were bizarre when they got home ... they came home late and had stopped at McDonald's. Jake was shaking and Sid was spinning around. What the -----?
eledteacher! What did you do?

I, uh ...., uh ....
What did you do?

What do you mean?
We got home and they went crazy! Did you give them something?
Maybe.
What? Do you feed them something.
(Finally, it clicked. I understood the conversation)
Yes. I got them, a ... um ... hamburger.
A hamburger?
um ... yeah... each a hamburger ------------ and fries

You got our dogs combo meals?
yes ...

(loud at this point) No wonder they were crazy! Jake was shaking like he was having a seizure. He was waiting for his burger. eledteacher, you are a bad, bad man!
Sorry.

To tell my side of the story now, I knew that they were, "tired" of the kibble fare. They like car rides and we went to ... a fast food place ... or two ... and got food there. Jake happily rested his head on my hand while I shifted gears. Well... how do kids react to having fast food, despite it being cheaper quality than burgers you would and could make -- they are ecstatic.

Sid also snatched a piece of fish from a tray when I got Fish of Stroh. I never knew dogs liked fish. I think she just figured I didn't have to bother serving her ... she'd just serve herself.

No comments: