Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Lost in Complaining

I have a limited interest in the show, Lost. I asked a friend about it to find out that they don't have a new episode yet -- 4 weeks, no new show. Gosh! That's gotta be hard, working there in uncomfortable Hawaii with nothing to do. I can see why it would be difficult to get the cast back to Hawaii to do more shooting.
"Hey, no! I'm staying here in Flint, Michigan, pushing out snow, thanks. Later this week I'm going to ultra-rural Saskatewan* and start building a house."

"Get on with it!" -- M Python
"Of course, I could be wrong you know." -- Bugs, WB
"Wrong? Wrong?! You ain't never been right!" -- Platoon

Anyway. I got this idea for a show about a mysterious torpical island. On it there are polar bears, company controlled / made sharks, hidden research bunkers, supposedly-derranged inhabitants, grayish invisibeats. There are hints to other mysteries and the Pennsylvania-sized island can't be found by any known technological means.

Okay... sounds good. What do you have so far. I have two scenes with a bear, four scenes with the invisibeast, 4 seconds of the shark.

What else?

I have great stories about people on the island, before they were there, including stories about characters of the 40 some that I just kill off anyway.

ummm ... okay. Anything else?

They now play golf on the untamed and dangerous island and heroin is available.

Uh, okay. So, [a sourness in his face, he directs attention to another person at the table], you had a new version of Three's Company in mind?

* Sassparilla, sassafras, Sesame? Hasann chop!

No comments: