Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Fargen Bastages!

[please note that some of the bantering gets windy and verb tenses do not conform to standard English]

A couple of weeks ago I heard that phrase. It's from a movie either you saw or didn't see. I doubt that you would forget some of the memorable lines from Johnny Dangerously. That being the case, let me explain my mild dis-satisfaction.
Who are the fargen bastages? They are the winds that direct your kite to the ground, thirty people at the gas station who all enter the store buying cigarettes and chatting with people rather than move their cars, people calling not knowing who you are, people who drive SUVs who couldn't park a paper airplane in a parking spot much less their wide vehicle like their wide butts. Also, I dispise notices that you'll get more notices (much like someone calling to let you know that they are going to call).

Are these people antagonists or speed bumps? Perhaps they are neither, but actors who are unaware that their are others in the play. They are so focussed on completing their goals that all others be damned! I see this at all ages and in most places. How many times have you appraoched a door, following someone within 8 feet and yet they close the door behind them. Are they truly that unaware that there is some one behind them?

Emoticons: when you really, really, really can't just type a nice word or phrase. Is that wasteful or laziness? I think both. It is one thing to use it in messaging when you are typing slower to several people than you could possibly talk to them, but in letters that you are already typing? What's the point?

I find anger venting is helpful. I like to play games where I can perpetrate fictional violence, especially with guns. I don't and won't own a gun, but it's great relief to exterminate a bad egg on a game. There are a few games that are designed for track motion and you hit "evil men". Concluding one game, I gave stats on targets hit and shots fired. The disperarity prompted, "Are you angry?" I wasn't a poor shot, but rather emptied at least one clip or series of six shots into each target when possible. 80%+ were face / head shots. Giving six shots in the head before the target falls is impossible, so the fictional part is great.

"... may they all get lead poisoning", Eddie Valiant, Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

No comments: