Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Thursday, May 08, 2008

time to turn off stress


I can't relate how much stress. My dad has high PSA numbers. He hid a report for a month that detailed a difference in opinion between UM Oncology and a local Oncologist's assessment of aggressive level of his cancer. He has successfully fought off five rounds of that wicked disease. He has but one last series of fatal chemistry to try, but hasn't been given the green light.

In the interim he wants me to be friendly (cordial) to my sociopathic (ish) nephew. I'm not sure which sounds better ... open lead into my skull with a pronounced shotgun bang with low choke, a Bad Taste resounding crunch and splatter of gore and (in Bad Taste pigeon blood) with a nice leap from a high point or execution by lack of will -- stilling the heart.

Mix this with other personal issues that actually look minor now and you have my stress. Loud music in my eardrums ... an empty glass after empty glass. Jesus forgives and that's what I need.

No comments: