Gradually degenerating into ignorance and complacency.

Saturday, July 21, 2007

I didn't wait in line for it

I was at Walgreens, they had a rack of Harry Potter, so I bought one.

I read about half of it so far. It is dark and consistent with her other books with periods of unnecessary dry spots and the Scooby Doo clues and mysteries that one wonders why it would take weeks or months for teens, especially smart at casting spells and tactics to put together puzzles like:

people, soylent green, is

So ... we have a few combinations leading to soylent green is people, okay, yeah ... that's important.

My other little complaint about her style of writing, though clearly geared for kids, is the stuff in the background IS important, like the cast of thirty some characters you've developed. Let's just talk about seven of them, alright then? I guess, it seems to me that you write one thing, then forget it a few chapters later or a book later. Odd anyway.

I think the avid Potter readers will enjoy the references to the other books and the little tidbits and red herrings in this last book.

Let's read this ... nope, given nothing of the book away. Enjoy, or not.

No comments: